Hi! How are you? Today is my first day child free with the 3 oldest back at school this week and my little boys at daycare. Aaah the serenity! I love being at home with the kids and having a break from school, but by the end of last week they’d all had enough of each other and couldn’t wait for school to start again! I actually started writing this post last Friday but gave up when I still hadn’t finished by Monday, and decided just to wait until today.
So last Thursday we celebrated Australia Day with close friends of ours and all our kids. We had a lovely day hanging out at the creek kayaking, swimming, chatting and of course eating! I made my go to Mars Bar Slice to share, and I thought I would share the recipe here too.
I never make this slice just to have at home because I cannot stop eating it! It’s really yummy, and definitely just for a treat! No bake and super quick and easy to make, I hope you enjoy it as much as my family.
MARS BAR SLICE
1 bag fun size mars bars
3 cups rice bubbles
300g Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate (you can add more if you like!)
1. Unwrap all the mars bars and melt with the butter in a large saucepan over low-medium heat. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until it’s melted and well blended.
2. Add the rice bubbles and mix until combined.
3. Press into a slice tin lined with baking paper.
4. Melt the chocolate in the microwave. I usually put in for 1 minute, then another 30 seconds and it’s done. Stir until it’s smooth then pour over the slice.
5. Place in the fridge until set.
6. Cut into squares and try not to eat it all at once!
Top tips –
– Leave it out of the fridge for about 20-30 minutes before cutting it up so all the chocolate doesn’t crack as you cut it.
– I use real butter (the salt reduced wrapped in paper variety). It just won’t be the same in flavour with margarine.